Why Go To School?
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,883 pages and 19,171,729 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
Why Go To School?
Here are a few reasons why you should stay in school.
- Meet new friends.
- Meet adult role models.
- Be inspired by great ideas.
- Be inspired when you learn what others have done to help society.
- Learn how to read.
- Learn how to print, write and type.
- Learn how to add, subtract and multiply.
- Learn how to create a resume and write a cover letter to apply for a job.
- Learn about part-time jobs from your friends at school.
- Do fun things.
- Find a quiet place and time to relax or meditate.
- Learn how to develop good study and work habits.
- Learn how to volunteer in the community.
- Learn how to manage your time.
- Experience co-operative education.
- Learn how to dream about your future.
- Graduate and get a grade 12 diploma so that you can go to college, university or get a job.
What do Do If Your Child Does Not Want To Go To School
Some suggestions to help your child get back in school.
- Talk with your child about the reasons why he does not want to go to school...(more)
- What to Do When Your Child Refuses to Go to School
- Investigate what's going on at school..(more)
- How to avoid anxiety about school ...(more)
- How to get a depressed teen to school ..(more)
- Treatment for school refusal.