Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Tuesday May 30, 2023 at 12:11. Today is a great day to be alive!
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
The following definition was researched and written by David Spencer for David Spencer's Education Paragon Glossary.
In a secondary school setting, a textbook is a classroom resource bound as a hardcover or softcover book. The textbook contents refer to a specific branch of study such as communication technology (com tech), English, geography, history, mathematics or science. Well written textbooks often provide a table of contents, index, glossary, diagrams, photos and exercises to help develop a student's critical thinking, literacy skills and communication skills.
Textbooks are usually written by experienced classroom teachers and edited and published by other professional writers and editors involved in publishing. Some recent textbook publishers make portions of their textbooks available to the purchasing school in digital format such as an Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word document, OpenOffice.org document and or e-book format.
- "Textbook." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 17 Jan 2009, 12:30 UTC. 19 Jan 2009 <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Textbook&oldid=264656655>.
- Computer Operating System
- Computer Software
- Glossary for Computers
- Glossary for Environmental Education
- Glossary for Experiential Education
- Glossary for History
- Glossary for Geography
- Glossary for Law
- Glossary for Media
- Glossary for Music
- Glossary for Outdoor Education
- Glossary for Photography
- Glossary for Science
- Glossary for Technology
- For David Spencer's Students