Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Tuesday May 30, 2023 at 04:26. Today is a great day to be alive!
Specialist High Skills Major
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
Specialist High Skills Major
Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) is an educational program set up by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Specialist High Skills Major program from the Ontario Ministry of Education
High school students can major in the following Specialist High Skills Major programs:
- Agriculture (PDF, 346 KB)
- Arts and Culture (PDF, 340 KB)
- Business (PDF, 349 KB)
- Community Safety and Emergency Services (PDF, 319 KB)
- Construction (PDF, 318 KB)
- Environment (PDF, 360 KB)
- Forestry (PDF, 334 KB)
- Health and Wellness (PDF, 352 KB)
- Horticulture and Landscaping (PDF, 357 KB)
- Hospitality and Tourism (PDF, 2.46 KB)
- Information and Communications Technology (PDF, 347 KB)
- Manufacturing (PDF, 321 KB)
- Mining (PDF, 339 KB)
- Transportation (PDF, 327 KB)
- "Specialist High Skills Major" program. Ontario Ministry of Education. 06 Jan 2010. <http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/studentsuccess/pathways/shsm/>.
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon
- Canadian Program
- Courses in Computers
- Courses in Environmental Education
- Courses in Experiential Education
- Courses in History
- Courses in Geography
- Courses in Law
- Courses in Music
- Courses in Outdoor Education
- Courses in Science
- Courses in Technology
- Environmental Education
- Experiential Education
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- School Climate
- School Success
- Student Success
- For David Spencer's Students