Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Wednesday June 7, 2023 at 17:52. Today is a great day to be alive!
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
David Spencer's Piano Resources
The shortcut to this page is http://piano.davidspencer.ca.
- Piano History and Types
- Piano Brands
- Buying a Piano
- Piano at Home
- Piano Education
- Piano Music
- Lead a Sing Song
Here is an alphabetical list of song titles that are great for sing songs with piano, guitar and bass. Where known, the song writer and original performer is indicated. For help with learning to play the guitar visit here.
To find lyrics and chords for these songs buy the music CD or sheet music of the artists mentioned. You might also find some lyrics at these web sites:
- Classic Camp Songs from ultimatecampresource.com
- My Virtual Songbook
To find a list of songs that might be good for singsongs, visit:
- All Time Music Charts from vinylsurrender.com
- Music Lists from digitaldreamdoor.com
- Canadian Pop Encyclopedia from Canoe.ca
- Top 100 Piano Bar Songs by David J. Hahn on musicianwages.com.
- Who appears on the album cover for The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" created and designed by Jan Haworth and Peter Blake
- Ain’t No Sunshine (by Bill Withers)
- "All God's Creatures Have A Place In The Choir"
- "All I Have to Do is Dream" (by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant, 1958)
- "All My Life's A Circle" (by Harry Chapin)
- "Amazing Grace"
- "An Old Austrian Went Yodelling" (camp song)
- "Apples and Bananas" (camp song)
- "Auld Lang Syne"
- "Baby Elephant Walk" (by Henry Mancini)
- "Baby, I Love your Way" (by Peter Frampton)
- "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" (by Jim Croce)
- "The Bear Song" (repeat song)
- "Black & White" (by Three Dog Night)
- "Blowin' In The Wind" (by Bob Dylan)
- "Brown Eyed Girl" (by Van Morrison)
- "Born to Be Wild" by Mars Bonfire of Steppenwolf
- "Burning Love" (by Dennis Linde performed by Elvis Presley)
- "California Dreamin’" (by the Mammas and the Pappas)
- "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Canoe Song: My Paddle's Keen and Bright" (campfire song)
- "Cats in the Cradle" (by Harry Chapin)
- "Cherry, Cherry" (by Neil Diamond)
- "Circle Game" by Joni Mitchell
- "Cotton Jenny" (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Come Together" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Cracklin' Rosie" (by Neil Diamond)
- "Crocodile Rock" (by Elton John and Bernie Taupin)
- "Cynthia" by Blue Rodeo
- "Day is Done" also called "Taps"
- "Day Tripper" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (1965)
- "Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes" (by Paul Simon)
- "Did She Mention My Name" (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" (camp song)
- "Don't Dream It's Over" (by Crowded House)
- "Down by the Bay" (Key of C) lyrics and music sample
- "Downtown" by Tony Hatch. Performed by Petula Clark (1964) and Jann Arden (2007)
- Early Mornin' Rain (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Eight Days A Week" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Father Abraham" lyrics (repeat song with actions)
- Father And Son (by Cat Stevens)
- "Fire’s Burning" (camp song)
- "Flintstones Theme Song"
- "For What It's Worth"
- "Get Back" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Girl" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Gotta Serve Somebody" (by Bob Dylan)
- "Hallelujah"- Leonard Cohen
- "Heart of Gold" (by Neil Young) ((Key of G)
- He's Got the Whole World in His Hands ((Key of G)
- "Hey Jude" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Hi, My Name is Joe" lyrics an video
- "Honky Tonk Woman" - The Rolling Stones
- Hotel California (by the Eagles)
- "House of the Rising Sun" (by The Animals)
- "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (by The Rolling Stones (1965))
- "I Feel The Earth Move" (by Carole King)
- "I Got A Name" (by Jim Croce)
- "I Have A Dream" by ABBA
- "I Love the Mountains"
- "I Started a Joke" (by the BEE GEES)
- "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "If I Had a Hammer" (by Pete Seeger and Lee Hays)
- "If You Could Read My Mind" (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Imagine" (by John Lennon)
- "I'm A Believer" (by Neil Diamond)
- "I'm A Stranger Here" (by Five Man Electrical Band)
- In the Ghetto – Elvis Presley
- "It’s a Small World"
- "I Wanna Linger" and version 2 (campfire song)
- "Jesus Gotta Hold of My Life" (by Dallas Holme)
- "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" lyrics
- "Joy to the World" (by Hoyt Axton)
- "King of the Road"
- Kodachrome (by Paul Simon)
- Last Kiss- Wednesday
- Lady Madonna (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Land of the Silver Birch" (camp song)
- "Lean On Me"
- "Leaving On A Jet Plane" (by John Denver)
- "Let It Be" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Linger" (camp song)
- "Little Boxes" witten by Malvina Reynolds and sung by Pete Seger. See video of "Little Boxes" by Walk off the Earth. Learn the song history.
- "Little Canoe" lyrics(campfire song)
- "Loves Me Like A Rock" (by Paul Simon)
- "Love Potion #9" (by the Clovers (1959)
- "Me And Bobby McGee" (by Kris Kristofferson (1970))
- "Michelle" (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Midnight Special" (by Creedence Clearwater Revival)
- "Moonshadow" (by Cat Stevens)
- "Morning Has Broken" (by Cat Stevens)
- O Canada (Key of C)
- "Oh Pretty Woman" (by Roy Orbison (1964))
- Oh Very Young (by Cat Stevens)
- One Man's Ceiling Is Another Man's Floor (by Paul Simon)
- Operator (by Jim Croce)
- "Patience" by Guns & Roses
- "Peace Train" (by Cat Stevens)
- "Peaceful Easy Feeling" (by the Eagles)
- "Peter Gunn" (by Henry Mancini)
- "Proud Mary" (by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- "Puff the Magic Dragon" (by Peter Yarrow and Noel Paul Stookey)
- "Put Your Hand in the Hand" (by Gene MacLellan)
- Rainy Day People (Key of C) (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- Rich Man's Spiritual (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
- St. Judy's Comet (by Paul Simon)
- She Loves You (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- Ship Titanic (Key of C)
- Signs (by Five Man Electrical Band)
- (Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
- Something (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- Song For A Winter's Night (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Stand by Me" (Key of C) (by Ben E. King (1961))
- "Sundown" (by Gordon Lightfoot)
- "Take me Home, Country Roads" (by John Denver)
- "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" (Key of C)
- "Take Me To The Mardi Gras" (by Paul Simon)
- "Take Me to The River"
- "Takin' Care of Business" (by Randy Bachman of Bachman Turner Overdrive)
- "Tequila Sunrise" The Eagles
- "The Ants Go Marching" (Key of Cm)
- "The 59th Street Bridge Song" (by Paul Simon)
- "The First Cut Is The Deepest" (by Cat Stevens (1967))
- "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" also known as "Wimoweh" and originally as "Mbube" - 1939 (by Solomon Linda, Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore, George David Weiss and Albert Stanton) History of the song. Made famous by The Tokens and the Disney musical The Lion King.
- "The Pink Panther Theme" (Key of E)
- "The Weight" (by The Band)
- "The Wind" (by Cat Stevens)
- "This Land is Your Land" - Woody Guthrie/The Travellers
- "This Little Light of Mine" (I'm gonna let it shine) (Key of C)
- "Titanic" (camp song)
- "Tom Thumb Blues" (by Bob Dylan)
- "Twist And Shout" (by Top Notes (1961) and Beatles (1963))
- "Vincent" (by Don McLean)
- When I'm 64 (Key of C) by Lennon and McCartnery
- When the Saints GO Marching In (Key of C)
- Where Do The Children Play? (by Cat Stevens)
- Where Have all the Flowers Gone (Key of C)
- Wild Thing (by The Troggs)
- "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" (Traditional)
- "Wimoweh" also known as "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and originally as "Mbube" - 1939 (by Solomon Linda, Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore, George David Weiss and Albert Stanton) History of the song. Made famous by The Tokens and the Disney musical The Lion King.
- "With My Own Two Hands" by Ben Johnson
- Yesterday (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" (by Bob Dylan)
- You've Got A Friend (by Carole King (1971)
Songs for Christmas
Here is a list of songs that are great for Christmas.
- "Angels We Have Heard on High"
- "Away in a Manger"
- "Deck the Halls"
- "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
- Frosty the Snow Man (Key of C)
- "Good King Wenceslas"
- "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
- Jingle Bells (Key of C)
- "Joy to the World"
- "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" – (by Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne)
- "O Holy Night"
- "O Little Town of Bethlehem"
- "Silent Night" (by Franz Xaver Gruber and Josef Mohr, translation by John Freeman Young)
- "The First Noël"
- 12 Days of Christmas (Key of C)
- "We Three Kings Of Orient Are" (by Rev. John Henry Hopkins)
- "What Child Is This?"
- White Christmas – (by Irving Berlin)
- Winter Wonderland" - (by Felix Bernard, Richard B. Smith)