Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Tuesday May 30, 2023 at 05:29. Today is a great day to be alive!
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
David Spencer's Piano Resources
The shortcut to this page is http://piano.davidspencer.ca.
- Piano History and Types
- Piano Brands
- Buying a Piano
- Piano at Home
- Piano Education
- Piano Music
- Lead a Sing Song
Piano Lessons Online
- PianoLessons.com is a free resource for pianists that are interested in expanding their musical abilities.
- Wikipiano was launched in September 2008 with the aim of indexing as many piano scores as possible. It also aims to be an archive with free music lessons and piano recordings, covering any style, at various levels of difficulty. Source: <http://wikipiano.wikidot.com>
- Piano Lessons by PianoTricks.com by Christopher Schlegel has free online piano lessons with online sheet music, mp3 example sound files and video demonstrations.
- Piano Chord Creator from pianoworld.com
- Piano Chords from lessonrating.com
- Piano Scales from lessonrating.com
- Left Hand Piano from lessonrating.com. Shows left hand boogie bass and left hand walking bass
- The PianoAnne Theory Tutorials are short videos, which cover basic theory concepts with a clear and colorful approach. Anne Crosby is a Canadian composer of teaching material for children with several published collections from the Frederick Harris Music Company.
Piano Training Courses
- Learn & Master Piano is designed primarily for adults. You will begin playing popular songs right away and then develop your skills using a simple step-by-step progression.
- "Piano System: How to Play Piano by Ear" by Nate Bosch. Includes DVDs with instruction and examples.
- "Piano Adventures®" Nancy and Randall Faber have combined their backgrounds as composer and performer to become leading supporters of the piano teacher and student. The husband and wife team has authored over 200 publications, including the bestselling PreTime® to BigTime® Piano Supplementary Library and the acclaimed method Piano Adventures®.
- Pianoforall uses a unique combination of Keyboard Diagrams, Musical Notation, Audio and Video so that you learn by a process of ‘Visual Association’.
- Piano Wizard is a game that incorporates music before theory method that is inline with the way we naturally learn.
- Rocket Piano helps you to read music, how to improvize, how to play Jazz and Gospel, and how to play with the magic and "feel" of a professional.
- Hear and Play piano lessons by ear from Jermaine Griggs.
- Simply Music developed by Neil Moore an Australian for piano and keyboard program. The program is used by music teachers. They also publish a Learn-at-Home DVD series for beginning students.
Piano Music and Method Books
- Prima Music web site is designed especially for the music teaching community, and features an extensive collection of lesson and supplemental books, sheet music, and teaching aids. Based in Brooks, GA, U.S.A.
- PianoSpot.com provides a variety of sheet music and music books, all for piano, as well as an extensive collection of reference books and accessory items.
- How to Start Your Own Piano Teaching Studio by John M. Zeigler.
- Piano Teachers' List Find a piano teacher in Canada, New Zealand, USA, and the United Kingdom.
- Ontario Conservatory of Music - Orangeville, ON Owner: Paul Baron.
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon