Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Tuesday May 30, 2023 at 05:39. Today is a great day to be alive!
Managing Your Money
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
Managing Your Money
Many secondary school students are hired as part time workers during their academic career. If you manage your money wisely now and invest in your future, you can get the money you save and invest now working for you. By thinking now and planning ahead, your money can earn you more money while you hanging out with friends and listening to music.
The following are some web resources to help you manage and invest your money.
According to their web site, InvestorED.ca is "Canada's unbiased, non-profit source for information and tools that help consumers make better decisions when investing and managing their money."InvestorED.ca" is managed and published by The Investor Education Fund.
"The Investor Education Fund helps people make effective use of financial information. The Investor Education Fund was established by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), the Ontario's securities regulator, and is funded by OSC enforcement settlements. It operates separately from the OSC with its own Board of Directors."
Glossary of Investment Terms from InvestorED.ca
InvestorED.ca provides a helpful glossary of investment terms.
- Glossary of Investment Terms.InvestorED.ca. 2009 <[http://www.investored.ca/en/Glossary/Pages/GlossaryList.aspx?i=A-B>
- InvestorED.ca. 2009 <http://www.investored.ca/en/Pages/default.aspx>
- The Investor Education Fund. 2009 <http://www.investored.ca/en/AboutInvestorEducationFund/Pages/default.aspx>
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon