Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Saturday June 3, 2023 at 13:53. Today is a great day to be alive!
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Educators, school boards, universities and media may research and report on an aspect or issue in education. Please be aware of the bias from this source.
The following article is from the Government of Alberta
The prevention of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) is everyone's job. Teachers can help students develop skills for healthy decision-making through the learner outcomes in the K-9 Health and Life Skills, and Senior High School Career and Life Management programs.
FASD is the leading cause of preventable birth defects and developmental delay
FASD is a lifelong disability that causes health, learning and behavioural problems
There is no safe level of drinking or safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy
- Teaching for the Prevention of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Grades 1-12 (Adobe PDF)
- Teaching Students with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (2004) (Adobe PDF)
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon