Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Saturday June 3, 2023 at 15:14. Today is a great day to be alive!
Computers in Education
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
Computers in Education
- Computer Recycling Services
- reBOOT Canada is a non-profit organization providing computer hardware, training and technical support to charities, non-profits and people with limited access to technology. reBOOT Canada accepts donations of computer equipment from companies and individuals throughout Canada.
- [http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&category_id=644&content_id=13055 How to recycle your old computer[ Suggestopns from Bell Canada
- Conversion Calculator to convert file storage size from one unit of measurement to another. The results will return all possible conversion options (bits, bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, petabytes, and exabytes).
- Computer Security Software: A list of of some Computer Security Software providers for Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers.
- File Transfer Time/Speed Calculator
- Orders of magnitude (data) This is a list of orders of magnitude for data (or information), measured in bits.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewers for Macintosh and Windows
Computer Concept Mapping and Mind Mapping Software
- List of concept mapping software as listed on Wikipedia.org
- List of mind mapping software as listed on Wikipedia.org
- Inspiration® for Apple Macintosh trial evaluation version to download
- Inspiration® for Windows Vista, Windows XP trial evaluation version to download
- SMART Ideas software 188.8.131.52 for Apple Macintosh trial evaluation version to download
- SMART Ideas software 5.1 for Windows Vista, Windows XP and tablet PCs trial evaluation version to download
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon