Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Saturday June 3, 2023 at 15:04. Today is a great day to be alive!
Buying a Piano
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
David Spencer's Piano Resources
The shortcut to this page is http://piano.davidspencer.ca.
- Piano History and Types
- Piano Brands
- Buying a Piano
- Piano at Home
- Piano Education
- Piano Music
- Lead a Sing Song
How to Buy a Piano
- "How to Buy a Piano" from Robert Lowrey's Piano Experts in Toronto, ON.
- "Piano Buyers Guide" from Steinway Piano Gallery in Markham, Ontario
- Criteria for Buying a Piano from C. Bechstein.
- Piano Buyer by Larry Fine.
- Blue Book of Pianos The easiest way to determine a used piano's value is by looking it up in a "Blue Book". Pianos are neatly categorized and valuated by year, make, model and features. The Blue Book prevents you from selling your piano for too little or paying too much for one.
- Guide to Pianos by Kendall Ross Bean.
- What to Pay for a Piano by Kendall Ross Bean.
- How to Buy a Used Piano Video
- Free Used Piano Guide by Eric Roberts Videos
- Piano Purchasing Tips
Grey Market "Wet" Pianos
- Grey Market Pianos are also called "wet" pianos. This is a a well-used older piano that was brought in from Japan and sold to a piano dealer in the USA. These pianos were built with wood that can handle the moist climate of Japan. These pianos do NOT do well in the dry North American climate. It seems there is a huge supply of used pianos in Japan. Paul Plumb suggests that "the Shinto religion says that the spirit of the owner remains in any object they owned. This means that used pianos and trade-ins in Japan are haunted by the ghosts of the original owner".
- Grey Market Pianos: "Why is it Important to Purchase a Piano Seasoned for the Canadian Climate?" from yamahapianocentre.ca
- Grey Market Pianos: 4 Problems with Grey Market Pianos by grandtouchpiano.com
- Purchasing a Used Yamaha Piano from Yamaha North America
- Grey Market Pianos: Find a Yamaha Grey Market Piano in Canada by Serial Number
- Grey Market Pianos: Find a Yamaha Grey Market Piano in USA by Serial Number
- Grey Market Pianos: What, exactly, is a Gray Market Piano? by Kendall Ross Bean.
- Comments contradicting Yamaha Americas Claims about Grey market Pianos by Paul Simone.
- What Is My Piano Worth? from pianoworld.com
- Refer to the Pierce Piano Atlas for piano pricing and valuation.
Always select a professional piano mover to move your piano. Do NOT use a regular household mover Why use a professional piano mover? How much does it cost to move a piano?
- Anne's Cartage and Piano Movers 9459 5th Side Road, Erin, ON N0B 1T0 phone: 905-877-6183 and ask for Peter or Sue Marrows. Operating since 1968, Ann’s Cartage House, Office and Piano Movers Inc, has been a family-run independent company of conscientious professional movers. BBB Review, [Yelp Review]
- Braymore Piano Movers 320 Norfinch Drive, North York, Ontario M3N 1Y4 phone: 416-749-2100 or 1-888-649-6683
Customer Feedback: Braymore only delivers between 10 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. No weekend delivery. They cannot guarantee a moving time. They only estimate within a 3 hour window. Yelp Review
- PianoMover.ca Find a piano mover near you.
- Snell's Delivery Service, 69 Bythia Street, Orangeville , ON L9W 2S4 Phone: 519-941-9252 [Yelp Review]
- Somerville Van Lines P.O. Box 35, Orangeville, ON L9W 2Z5 phone:519-941-4297 or 1-800-265-9187 and ask for Paul. [Yelp Review]
- benchworld.com piano bench distributor.
- JansenPianoBenches.com piano bench manufacturer and distributor. All Jansen benches are constructed in their own factory, even the mechanism is built in their machine shop. They do not contract out for anything, so custom leg sizes are no problem, nor are custom finish shades or any other special order requirements.
- pianobench.ca piano bench distributor.
- vandaking.compiano bench distributor.
an Antique Eastlake revolving piano stool made by Charles Parker Piano Company of Meriden, Connecticut. Adjusts in height from 20" to 24". The iron fitting is marked C. Parker Co. These piano stools were made from around 1880's till the turn of the century.
claw and ball leg
Thomas Organ Co. Mahogany Ball Claw Piano Stool
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon