Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Saturday June 3, 2023 at 12:00. Today is a great day to be alive!
Black History in Canada
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
Black History Resources
- Lisa Cozzens' African American History
- Six Teaching Tools for Black History Month
Black History in Canada
Ontario Black History
- Enslaved Africans in Upper Canada explores the lives of slaves and focuses on the actions they took to resist their servitude. It also reveals that Lieutenant-Governor Simcoes 1793 Act to Limit Slavery in Upper Canada led to the end of slavery throughout the British Empire.
- The Freedom Seeker: The Life and Times of Daniel G. Hill In recognition of the 45th Anniversary of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the Archives of Ontario presents The Freedom Seeker: The Life and Times of Daniel G. Hill, the first Director of the Commission and community activist with a sustained interest in the history of Blacks in Canada.
- The Black Canadian Experience in Ontario 1834-1914: Flight, Freedom, Foundation A joint project of the Archives and the Ontario Black History Society, this exhibit explores the migration of people of African origin into Canada, and celebrates a community which has played a significant role in Ontario's history.
- Negroes in Toronto, Canada: Black History Month Spotlights
David M.R.D. Spencer, Project Leader
for David Spencer's Education Paragon