Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Tuesday May 30, 2023 at 05:19. Today is a great day to be alive!
Bark Lake Memories
From David Spencer's Education Paragon: Helping students develop citizenship, faith, literacy, responsibility and vision
The Friends of Bark Lake: Ontario Camp Leadership Centre, Irondale, Ontario, Canada
- Contact The Friends of Bark Lake | E-Newsletter | Facebook Page | Help Us | History | Memories | Memories from Richard
- Bark Lake Alumni | Hart Devenney | Dorothy Walter | Kirk Wipper | Tributes to Kirk Wipper | Gord Wright and Gord's Legacy
- Photos: 1970's |
- Reunion Saturday, October 13, 2018 | Reunion 2013 | Reunion 2012 | Reunion 2007
Early Morning Mist on the Bark Lake
- I had the privilege of working at Bark Lake from 1980-1984 at Leadership and Teachers' Skills courses. I have many wonderful memories of playing guitar and singing - in the dining hall, rec hall, campfires, reflection point canoeing or kayaking out on the lake early in the morning in the mist and using the breakfast bell to find my way back to the dock pre-breakfast runs out the road (sometimes all the way to the road, more often to place a stone on the Rock) stargazing at night from flagpole point or the top of the Environment Center visiting the heron rookery.
-Terry Knight, Kitchener, Ontario(Bark Lake Staff 1980, 1982. 1983, 1984)
Synchronized Solo Canoe Demo
- I attended the Bark Lake Skills Camp in the summer of 1967. John Shouldice (one of my Bark counsellors) lived down the street from me when a kid in Etobicoke. John attended my mother's funeral a few years ago, and we reminisced about Bark. John was telling me that the synchronized solo canoe demo by lantern-light that a few us did, was never repeated. It lives on in Bark legend!
- Graham Jordan, Owen Sound, Ontario