Are you ready to learn?
Why do homework? How can parents and guardians help their child with their school responsibilities?
Quizzes and Glossaries for Students and Teachers What time is it?
Today is Saturday June 3, 2023 at 12:20. Today is a great day to be alive!
David M.R.D. Spencer
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
< Home | Categories | Courses | Educators | Glossary | Images | Literacy | New | Parents | Popular | Search | Students
Contact David M.R.D. Spencer
Educators, students and visitors to David Spencer's Education Paragon may contact David M.R.D. Spencer our Project Leader here.
Social Networking by David M.R.D. Spencer
You may also interact with David Spencer through these social networking sites:
DavidSpencer.ca on Facebook.com
DavidSpencer.ca on Gravatar.com
DavidSpencer.ca on Instagram.com
davidspencer on Linkedin.com
davidincanada on Pinterest.com
@DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter.com
Who is David M.R.D. Spencer?
David M.R.D. Spencer is ...
- the creator, editor and publisher of:
- David Spencer's Education Paragon for educators, parents and students.
- David Spencer's Canadian Identity Igloo for educators, parents and students.
- David Spencer's Media Spin for those interested in the intersection of faith, media and Canadian media history.
- David Spencer's Ontario Communities Directory for those interested in the social and natural history of Ontario, Canada based hamlets, villages and towns.
- the Co-Founder and Project Leader for Beyond Our Classroom a group of educators who have a passion for planning and running creative professional learning experiences and workshops for educators.
- the Founder and Producer of the Educators Music Jam a professional learning and sharing network (PLSN) of educators teaching in Peel region, Ontario, Canada. The group met for music jam sessions in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga to play music and learn blues, folk, jazz, reggae and rock cover tunes. The group met between April 5, 2011 to June 10, 2014.
- the Founder, Producer and Recording Engineer for David's Music Jam a monthly gathering of musicians and vocalists recording a music album of blues, folk, gospel and rock cover tunes.
- the Founder and Project Leader of Outdoor Paragon an environmental and outdoor education resource to encourage and practice outdoor, experiential, environmental and recreation education among youth and educators based in Ontario, Canada.
- Co-founder and past Project leader from January 2010 to June 2012 of Aboriginal and Environmental Education Circle (AEE Circle) a professional learning and sharing network of 336 educators, teachers, supporters and Aboriginal elders and leaders who gather to share resources, curriculum and teaching strategies that will help teachers integrate current cultural, environmental and historical contributions of our First Nations, Inuit and Metis Canadians into school curriculum. The AEE Circle has active members from across Canada.
- a radio documentary producer.
- a video documentary producer. See David's favourite videos on YouTube.com and videos he has filmed and produced.
Course Credits Produced by David M.R.D. Spencer and His Students
David Spencer teachers secondary school students. The following is a calculation of the course credits produced by David and his students.
- September 2014 to June 2015
47 students passed a course in David's classes and produced 47 credits.
Of these 47 students, 11 students produced an additional 18 credits.
65 credits total were produced by students and their teacher David Spencer.
- September 2013 to June 2014
82 students passed a course in David's classes and produced 82 credits.
Of these 82 students, 14 students produced an additional 26 credits.
108 credits total were produced by students and their teacher David Spencer.
- September 2012 to June 2013
67 students passed a course in David's classes and produced 67 credits.
Of the 67 students, 21 students produced an additional 36 credits.
103 credits total were produced by students and their teacher David Spencer.
Courses Taught by David M.R.D. Spencer
David M.R.D. Spencer has taught the following Ontario Curriculum courses.
- AMU3O: Music (bass, guitar, keyboard, recording)
- CGC1P: Issues in Canadian Geography
- CGC1D: Issues in Canadian Geography
- CGF3M: Physical Geography: Patterns, Processes, and Interactions
- CGG3O: Travel and Tourism: Geography
- CGR4M: The Environment and Resource Management: Geography
- CGR4M: The Environment and Resource Management: Geography (Component of Wilderness Experience 1)
- CGW4U: World Issues
- CLU3M: Introduction to Canadian Law
- IDC30G: Interdisciplinary Studies (Component of Wilderness Experience 1)
- IDC40G: Interdisciplinary Studies (Component of Wilderness Experience 2)
- NBV3E: Aboriginal Beliefs, Values and Aspirations in Contemporary Society
- NDA3M: Current Aboriginal Issues in Canada (Component of Wilderness Experience 1)
- NDW4M: Issues of Indigenous Peoples in a Global Context (Component of Wilderness Experience 2)
- SVN3M: Environmental Science (Component of Wilderness Experience 2)
Contributions of David M.R.D. Spencer
David M.R.D. Spencer has made significant contributions and provided leadership for many educators and students over his 30 years as an educator.
- 2014- June: At his school, David organized the Student Vote polling station, recruited and trained student volunteers, gathered voting results and shared the results with the school community.
- 2013- December: For his school, David organized and led a volunteer day for students at The Knights Table. Students volunteered sorting donated Christmas toys, packing food hampers and receiving and weighing donations from the community.
- 2011- April: At his school, David organized the Student Vote polling station, recruited and trained student volunteers, gathered voting results and shared the results with the school community.
- 2011- January: David organized the nominations for the Awards of Distinction, the Awards of Excellence and Education Week Activities at his school.
- 2007- Researched, submitted purchase requests and helped set up the two electric projection screens for the Fresh Start room and the school stage.
- 2007- Volunteered as videographer for the school English department's "The Alternative Tongue" production on stage.
- 2006- Created the Filemaker Pro database with student photos to produce the student card that is printed on the student card creator machine.
- 2006- Researched, submitted purchase requests and helped set up the student card creator machine in the Guidance Office.
- 1998- Organized and produced "Fraser Rocks" music concert for student bands at John Fraser Secondary School.
Education of David M.R.D. Spencer
David M.R.D. Spencer is professionally certified with an OCT (Ontario College of Teachers) and holds a BEd (Bachelor of Education) in geography and music from Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, and a BOR (Bachelor of Outdoor Recreation) with a focus on geography, aboriginal studies and music from Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
At York University in North York, Ontario he studied the political geography of the middle east, special education and media literacy. He also presented a career planning workshop for York University students. He completed a computer PHP and MySQL database course at Humber College in Toronto, Ontario. At the Centre for Education and Training in Mississauga, Ontario he completed courses in Adobe Photoshop, FileMaker Pro and Online Teaching and Learning. He completed a film photography course and motorcycle driver training course at Sheridan College in Brampton, Ontario.
David M.R.D. Spencer was trained as a Teacher in Charge (TIC) October 21, 2010.
- David Spencer's Education Paragon
- Canadian Person
- Canadian Person S
- Aboriginal Education
- Community Service
- Curriculum Writing
- Environmental Education
- Experiential Education
- Geography of Canada
- Glossary for Aboriginal
- Glossary for Assessment
- Glossary for First Nations
- Glossary for Inuit
- Glossary for Metis
- Glossary for Civics
- Glossary for Computers
- Glossary for English
- Glossary for Environmental Education
- Glossary for Experiential Education
- Glossary for 40 Hour Community Service
- Glossary for Geography
- Glossary for Canadian Geography
- Glossary for History
- Glossary for Canadian History
- Glossary for Law
- Glossary for Media
- Glossary for Music
- Glossary for Outdoor Education
- Graduation Requirements in Ontario
- History of Canada
- Instructional Strategies
- Law in Canada
- New Media
- Nordic Skiing
- Outdoor Education
- Outdoor Paragon
- Professional Learning
- School Success
- Social Networking
- Student Success
- Teacher Success
- For David Spencer's Students