To Add Geography
From David Spencer's Education Paragon: Helping students develop citizenship, faith, literacy, responsibility and vision
- Canadian Hurricane Centre
- CLN Hurricanes Theme Page
- Earthquakes Theme Page
- Hurricane http://weathereye.kgan.com/expert/hurricane/index.html
- The Canadian North: Life and Land lesson plans
- The Canadian Atlas Online (CAOL) Learning Centre
- Lesson Plans from The Canadian Council for Geographic Education
- Classroom Activities from The Canadian Council for Geographic Education
- Finish this page How Companies Were Named.
- Add Scran - part of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland - aims to provide educational access to digital materials representing our material culture and history. This is provided through the wholly owned trading arm Scran Ltd. We are one of the largest educational online services in the UK supporting over 4,000 schools, libraries, colleges and universities. http://www.scran.ac.uk
- Globalization Studies Course by Mr. Armstrong of St. Francis Xavier High School, Edmonton, Alberta
- large geography Posters from national geographic
- Hamilton Area Virtual Road Trips from the School of Geography & Earth Sciences at McMaster University
- GIS Links from the School of Geography & Earth Sciences at McMaster University
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy Development in Ontario: A look at the Current Policy Frameworks and Discourses Surrounding Sustainable Energy and Wind and Solar Power in Major Ontario Newspapers
- GIS Day at McMaster University
- High School Outreach Resources from McMaster University
- GIS Teacher's Manual from McMaster University
- GIS Specialist - careerLINKS Interviews podcast from McMaster University
- Weather Station at McMaster University
- Define the Council of Europe Anti-Torture Committee http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/default_EN.asp
- Geography Resources from BBC
- Karst is a distinctive topography that develops as a result of the dissolving action of water on soluble bedrock (usually limestone, dolomite, marble, and, to a lesser extent, gypsum), which produces a landscape characterized by fluted and pitted rock surfaces, vertical shafts, sinkholes, sinking streams, springs, subsurface drainage systems and caves.
Global Education and Creating A Positive Change
- TakingITGlobal They enable a collaborative learning community which provides youth with access to global opportunities, cross-cultural connections and meaningful participation in decision-making. We serve youth primarily between the ages of 13 to 30 through:
* an online community and initiatives that focus on enabling actively engage youth.
* education programs geared towards middle and high school students.
* Global awareness and understanding across cultures is key to the future of the planet
* Student dropout and disengagement rates are at all-time highs, and costing billions in lost economic opportunities and crime
* Preventable diseases and health issues are on the rise globally, with young people often the most vulnerable and affected.
http://www.tigweb.org/ See TakingITGlobal for Educators http://www.tigweb.org/tiged/