David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,603,137 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
The shortcut for this page is edtech.davidspencer.ca
TLDWpeel is the acronym for Teaching and Learning in a Digital World Peel. The following resources were gathered and curated by educator David Spencer during the conference "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World" held at Castlebooke Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario. This educational technology conference was produced by the Peel District School Board on Wednesday August 21 and Thursday August 22, 2013.
Wednesday August 21, 2013
During the conference "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World", educator David Spencer gathered backchannel tweets from the keynote presentations. He curated these tweets from Twitter as @DavidSpencerEdu and used Storify to assemble the tweets into a stream.
- 9:30 a.m. Backchannel Tweets during the Keynote by Ruben Pentedura @rubenrp
- 2:00 p.m. Backchannel Tweets during the Keynote by Ruben Pentedura @rubenrp
Thursday August 22, 2013
- 9:30 a.m. Backchannel Tweets during the Keynote by George Couros @gcouros
- 2:00 p.m. Backchannel Tweets during the Keynote by Scott Moreash @ScottMoreash
- A list of educators who tweeted the hashtag #TLDWpeel on Twitter during the "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World" conference on Wednesday August 21 and Thursday August 22, 2013.
- A sampling of some tweets with the hashtag #TLDWpeel via tagboard.com
- Over 600 educators attended the "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World" conference on Wednesday August 21, 2013
- By 12 noon ET on Wednesday August 21, 2013, the hashtag #TLDWpeel was trending across Canada in number 3 position according to @TrendsmapCanada
- By 10:00 a.m. ET on Thursday August 22, 2013, the hashtag #TLDWpeel was tweeted 284 times per hour according to Hashtags.org
Come and share your favorite apps!
Educator David Spencer @DavidSpencerEdu shared more about how he uses some of the following Apps and web sites during the "Appy Hour" portion of the "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World" conference. His session was called "Apps for Professional Learning and Outdoor Experiences".
- David Spencer's list of Apps for iPhone
- DriveTunes for Google Chrome
- Timer-Tab for Google Chrome
- Yahoo! Groups
Sharing Our Stories
In a poster session interactive format, conference delegates dialogued with Peel teachers who shared their stories in getting started with 21st century teaching and learning.
- Building a Professional and Personal Learning Network with Twitter.
- Wiki markup language for using Wikis in Education.
- Using Google Apps to help a teacher stay organized.
Social Media Café
Come and learn about how to get started with social media. View the video. Receive practical, "hands-on" support and ideas from experienced teachers.
Blog Posts About TLDWpeel
- "Twitter Power" by Debbie Axiak on her blog "Debbie's Blog". Follow Debbie on Twitter @DebbieAxiak.
- "Guest Blog from Shawn Monyihan on Learning from the TLDW conference" on Hazel Mason's blog "Hazel Mason - 21st Century Tech Quest". Follow Hazel on Twitter @Hmason36.
- "#TLDWPeel" by Shivonne Lewis-Young. Follow Shivonne on Twitter @SLewisYoung.
- "Brief Reflections on the “Teaching and Learning in a Digital World Conference” Summer 2013" by Jacklyn Truscello. Follow Jacklyn on Twitter @J_Truscell.
- "SAMR" by Jonathan So. Follow Jonathan on Twitter @Mrsoclassroom.
- "The Value of My PLN" by Emily Krahn. Follow Emily on Twitter @EmilyKrahn1.
- "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World Conference: #TLDWpeel" by Sharon You. Follow Sharon on Twitter @PeelMzYou.
- "Starting Fresh" by Jason Richea. Follow Jason on Twitter @jrichea.
- "Teaching and Learning in a Digital World" by Kevin Hryhirchuk. Follow Kevin on Twitter @KevinHryhirchuk.
- "TLDWPeel 2013" by Matt Fletcher. Follow Matt on Twitter @HeyMrFletcher.
- "Technology & the Outdoors, Merging Pathways to an Educational Destination" by Rob Ridley. Follow Rob on Twitter @RangerRidley.
- "“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”" by Daphne Perugini. Follow Daphne on Twitter @perugenius.