David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,150,332 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
The following web sites may assist you in your research.
- A+ Research & Writing
http://www.ipl.org/div/aplus/ - a guide to researching & writing papers
- Ask a teacher - http://www.ilc.org (click on "ask a Teacher" tab)
- B.J. Pinchbeck’s Homework Helper – http://school.discovery.com/homeworkhelp/bjpinchbeck/
- Biography – http://www.biography.com/
- Canada’s Digital Collections – http://collections.ic.gc.ca/
- Citing Sources - http://www.lib.duke.edu/libguide/works_cited
- Electric Library Plus Canada – @ in-library workstations only
- Hot Paper Topics - high quality pre-selected resources on about 30 different term paper topics http://library.sau.edu/bestinfo/hot/hotindex.htm
- Internet Public Library Teen Division – http://www.ipl.org/div/teen/
- Librarians’ Index to the Internet – http://lii.org/
- NASA – http://www.nasa.gov/ - Info on space topics
- Ontario Science Centre – http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/
- Research-It! – http://www.iTools.com/research-it/
- ServiceOntario - http://www.serviceontario.ca/
Short story & Poetry index on line
- Today in History – http://www.scopesys.com/today/
- Young Adult Literature – http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/yalit.htm
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities.