Questions Teachers Ask
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
Questions Teachers Ask About Environmental Education
- How is the Ontario Provincial government ensuring a balanced approach to environmental education? Answer.
- What can I use from Ontario Ministry of Education resource booklet "Ready, Set, Green!.
- What can a teacher do to incorporate environmental education into the daily, weekly, monthly routine? The book "Smart by Nature: Schooling for Sustainability" portrays the growing sustainability movement in K-12 education, showcasing inspiring stories of public, independent, and charter schools across the country.
- Are administrators/parents in your areas supportive of including more science inquiry related questions about the environment?
- Is there a perception of environmental education being "hippy tree hugging"? If so, what can we do to rebrand it?
- Should Earth Day in schools be changed to Earth Week like National Environmental Education Week?
- What role does gardening have in your school curriculum and community? Dixie Elementary School has parent volunteers and a kids "garden club" with teachers introducing gardening as part of their curriculum. Connaught Street School is building an outdoor classroom and have helped build trails with interpretive signage at other schools.
- How can studying food literacy and food issues be an engaging way to look at interconnected social challenges? The "The Nourish Middle School Curriculum Guide" (PDF) from nourishlife.org offers a rich set of resources to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability.
- How should we teach about Children & Nature, Climate Change, Air Quality, Endangered Species, [Endangered Spaces], Forests, Oceans, Deepwater Horizon oil spill, School Water Audit, Water, Water-Energy Connections
- What values do you and don’t you want to pass along to your students?
- Where is the best place to find online environmental education reseources?
- What can our students learn from the "No Impact Project" inspired by Colin Beavan a New York journalist who decided to reduce his consumption to zero for an entire year. It is a chance for you to see what a difference no-impact living can have on your quality of life. See the "No Impact Man" movie trailer. Buy the "No Impact Man" DVD.
- Where can I find funding for tree planting on our school grounds?
- How can I encourage my teaching colleagues to work towards EcoSchool certification?
- Which fresh air career paths should our students pursue?
- How do we help young students enjoy the outdoors and environment without getting stressed about environmental issues?
- Why do many Aboriginal cultures have such a clear understanding and respect for the environment?
- How can the Region of Peel help with a recycling prorgam or other diversions?
- How do I book a tour of the Region of Peel's water, wastewater and wastemanagement facilities?
- What si recyclable in the Region of Peel system?
- Where does my garbage go in the Region of Peel?
- Where does my drinking water come from in Region of Peel?
- What can I teach my students to best help the Region of Peel's water, wastewater and wastemanagement systems?
- Please describe some career paths in the Region of Peel.
- Why do your attend environmental education conferences?
Questions Teachers Ask of Their Students
- The Right Way to Ask Questions in the Classroom from edutopia.org
- As a teacher, I make sure that every student speaks in every lesson. I give the wait time and then i select a student. I work my way around to each child.
Research Questions Teachers Ask
- Research Questions Teachers Ask A Report from the National Reading Research Center School Research Consortium