Music Album with David Spencer
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
A Music Album with David Spencer
David Spencer's last music recording of original songs and cover tunes was completed using an Atari 1040 ST computer and a Tanberg reel to reel multi-track stereo tape recorder. The final mixdown was released on cassette tape.
In the summer of 2014, David Spencer began compiling a list of songs in preparation for recording his second music recording. Songs selected are cover tunes made famous by composers and artists from Canada and around the world.
Step One: Song Selection
1. Select songs for consideration for the music album. David selected 112 songs that had lyrics with a positive or meaningful message. This task was completed on August 10, 2014.
2. Categorize the songs selected. David categorized the songs selected under the following headings
- Encouragement Songs
- Environmental Songs
- Faith Building Songs
- Fun Songs
- Love Songs
- Peace Songs
- Relationship Songs
- Social Commentary Songs
Songs for Music Album 2 with David Spencer
The following songs were selected for David Spencer's second music album. Since a compact disk will hold between 74 and 80 minutes of music, not all the songs listed below will be used for this album. Songs are listed in alphabetical order and include the composer's name and year of original publication.
- "All I Have to Do is Dream" by Felice Bryant and Boudleaux Bryant, 1958
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" by George Weiss, year?
- "Chantilly Lace" by J.P. Richardson (aka The Big Bopper), 1958
- "Don’t Be Cruel" by Otis Blackwell, 1956
- "Garden Song" by David Mallet, 1972?
- "Get Together" by Chet Powers, 1963
- "Heart of Gold" by Neil Young, 1971
- "Help Me Love You More" by Pat Terry History
- "I Can See Clearly Now" (Key ?) by Johnny Nash, 1972
- "I Got A Name" by Jim Croce History
- "If I Only Had a Brain" by ?, year ?
- "Jesus Got a Hold of My Life" by Dallas, year?
- "Lion Sleeps Tonight" by ?, year?
- "Love Potion #9" by the Clovers, 1959
- "My Girl" by the Temptations, year ?
- "Put Your Hand in the Hand" by Gene MacLellan, year ?
- "Refiner’s Fire" by Brian Doerksen, year ?
- "Sealed with a Kiss" by ?, year ?
- "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King, 1961
- "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley, year ?
- "Streets of London" by Ralph Macteel, year?
- "There's A Kind of Hush", by ?, year?
- "This Little Light of Mine" by ?, year?
- "Where Have all the Flowers Gone?" by Pete Seeger, 1965?
- "Young Love" by Sonny James, year?