David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,603,137 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
Canadian Inuit Youth Speak Out
Educator David Spencer and his students asked the following questions to a group of Inuit youth. The responses were used for an educational presentation David Spencer made to the Council of Outdoor Educators of Ontario (COEO) Conference held on Saturday September 25, 2010.
- What grade(s) are you taking at your Nunavut secondary school?
- Please list your three (3) favourite courses. Why are they your favourites? Explain.
- Please list your three (3) favourite television programs.
- Please list your three (3) favourite web sites that you visit.
- Please the music and talk on the radio station you listen to?
- Please list ten (10) of your favourite music bands and musicians.
- Please describe three (3) things you learned from your recent visit to southern Ontario.
- How were the interests and fashions of the students in Brampton similar to yours?
- How were the students in Brampton different than you?
- Please describe a health issue facing your community.
- Please describe a social issue facing your community.
- What do you plan to do when you graduate from high school?
- Please describe some of your hopes and dreams for your future?
- What is the most important thing you would like adults and students in the rest of Canada to know about you?
- What is the most important thing you would like adults and students in the rest of Canada to know about your community?
Thanks for completing this survey. If you have any questions, please contact David Spencer.