From David Spencer's Education Paragon: Helping students develop citizenship, faith, literacy, responsibility and vision
Aboriginal Education and Native Studies Resources from David Spencer's Education Paragon
- Connect with Aboriginal elders and educators and join Native Education Association of Ontario Circle (NEAO Circle) formerly The Aboriginal and Environmental Education Circle (AEE Circle) e-newsletter. The NEAO Circle is a professional learning and sharing network of educators, teachers, college instructors, university professors, Aboriginal elders and leaders. Through e-mail, they share First Nation, Metis and Inuit and native studies resources, curriculum and teaching strategies that will help Canadian teachers integrate school curriculum with current cultural, environmental and historical contributions of our Canadian First Nations, Inuit and Metis brothers and sisters.
- Join the Native Education Association of Ontario and NEAO Circle on Facebook.
- See photos and read about past gatherings of The Aboriginal and Environmental Education Circle (AEE Circle).
- Join the First Nation, Metis & Inuit Education Association of Ontario (FNMIEAO) the Ontario Ministry of Education recognized provincial subject association for teachers and educators of First Nation, Metis & Inuit Studies and Native Languages. From 2011 to May 2014, this subject association was previously called the Native Education Association of Ontario (NEAO). Special thanks to Marg Boyle for her three years of leadership, encouragement and support.
- The shortcut to this page is http://aboriginal.davidspencer.ca.
- Innu Nikamu history An annual festival of traditional and contemporary Amerindian music, featuring hunters and musicians from Quebec.
- Le festival Innu Nikamu main web site
- Quviasukvik. The celebration of an Inuit winter feast in the central Arctic The Inuit winter feasts were celebrated in the fall or the early winter.
National Aboriginal Day
- National Aboriginal Day
- National Aboriginal Day is held in Canada on June 21 of each year. View a video about National Aboriginal Day
- National Aboriginal Day On June 21, Canada celebrates National Aboriginal Day. This date is very significant for Aboriginal people because it is when they celebrate the summer solstice (longest day of the year).
- Activities for National Aboriginal Day from The Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario (ETFO).