David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,150,332 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
- 1 Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 2 Events Near Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 3 Government of Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 4 History of Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 5 Map of Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 6 Population of Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 7 Books and Publications About Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
- 8 External Links for Inglewood,Ontario,Canada
To find a current listing of events in Inglewood, Ontario, please visit:
Inglewood, was the name finally chosen for the little hamlet south of Caledon. The place went through many names before arriving at this name which was given by Thomas White, the member of Parliament for Cardwell, and named by him after a place in England. The difficulty in choosing a name arose due to many of the former names already existing for towns elsewhere , and thus there was trouble with the naming of the post office. In Chronological order the names included: Corbett's Mills, Riverdale, Sligo , Sligo Junction, and Riverdale Junction.
The town had it's beginnings due to Mr. Corbett who built a carding and fulling mill on the Credit River in the 1850s. The mill was taken over by his son-in-law, David Graham and his wife Margaret Graham in 1871. Some of the Graham family still live in Inglewood, and used to run the fiberglass company which is housed in the old woolen mill. Two railways (CNR and CPR) were built through Inglewood shortly after the mill arrived. Graham family members are now building new homes and developing Inglewood Village Estates.
The Hamilton and Northwestern Railway arrived in 1877 and the Credit Valley Railway in 1879. The Credit Valley Railway still runs through Inglewood, though it does not make the stops it used to make at Ferndale, Inglewood, Forks of the Credit, Cataract, Alton and Melville on it's way from Streetsville to Orangeville. The Credit Valley Railway actually was bought by Ontario & Quebec Railway Company, which became the Canadian Pacific Railway. The Hamilton & Northwestern Railway which went from Hamilton to Collingwood via Terra Cotta, Boston Mills, Cheltenham, Inglewood, Caledon East, and Palgrave.
This rail track has been removed and developed into a walking and cycling trail called the Caledon Rail Trail. Before becoming a walking trail the rail line was sold to the Grand Trunk Railway and this in turn was bought by the Canadian National Railway. Both the woolen mill and the quarries in Inglewood benefited from the existence of the railways. Inglewood's "union station" burnt down in 1910 and was eventually rebuilt. However both the station and the water tower in Inglewood were demolished in 1972. Much of the old Inglewood style architecture can still be seen walking down the old streets in the "A" shaped roofs at the front of some of the old homes.
Find a map of Inglewood here.
Population density: (per square kilometre)
Land area (square km):
Total private dwellings:
(Statistics for Inglewood from StatCan in 2006)