How to Prepare for Class
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
How to Prepare for Class
- Keep and update an agenda book, calendar or journal that will help you keep track of assignments that are due. Update this daily as your teacher provides you with new assignment information and due dates.
- Try to start or complete your homework on the same day it is assigned by your teacher.
- At home the evening before class, pack your bag and include your pens, pencils, notebooks, binders, textbooks and completed homework you need for your classes. Prepare your lunch and keep it in the fridge until morning. Select the clothes and shoes you will wear and lay them out on a chair for morning.
- Arrange your transportation to school at least a day ahead of time. If you are planning to receive a ride to school from a family member or friend, speak to them and confirm your transporation ahead of time.
- Leave from home early enough so that you have at least 15 minutes of free time when you arrive to school. If your class begins at 9:00 a.m. then arrive to school at 8:45 a.m. If you need to go to your locker, allow yourself enough time so that you can arrive to class at least five (5) minutes before class starts.
- Bring your pens, pencils, notebooks, binders, textbooks and completed homework to class.
- Know the location and room number of your class.
- Know the name of the teacher for your class.