David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,603,137 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
Geography of Canada CGC1D and CGC1P
- Table of Contents for IAP Geography
- Geography of Canada Assignments by David Spencer (grade 9)
- Geography of Canada, Grade 9, Applied written by Paul Galpern and published on TeacherSupport.ca List of MPs and Senators of Inuit, Métis or First Nation Origin
- Federal Electoral Districts with a High Percentage of Aboriginal Voters
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada Information Sheets
- National Parks of Canada
- National Climate Data and Information Archive
- CommunityWalk social networking mapping service. A website that is dedicated to providing a powerful yet simple and easy to use interface for creating informational, interactive, and engaging maps.
- Regional Geography: Travel and Tourism (CGG3O) provides lessons, units, external links and resources.
Canadian and World Issues CGW4U
- Canadian and World Issues CGW4U Course (grade 12)
- Nuclear Jihad: CAN TERRORISTS GET THE BOMB? [videorecording : CBC documentary special] CBC Educational Sales, c2006 (available from Brampton Public Library)
- Historical Atlas of Canada
- Urban Studies
- Why study geography?
- Learn Geography from a British Perspective
- Staffordshire teachers of Geography
- Geography at key stages 1 and 2:British Perspective
- Geography at key stage 3:British Perspective
- Online Quiz of Canada's capital cities
- Find the States of USA
- Countries and their Cultures
- Gas 2.0 is dedicated to offering insight, analysis, resources, and personal experiences rooted in one unifying goal: to move beyond petroleum as a fuel source.
- TheFuelsReport.com provides links to news about alternate fuels, biofuels and resources to help Americans break their addiction to foreign oil.
- TheDailyGreen.com provides green living and purchasing tips. Published by the Digital Media unit of Hearst Magazines. Hearst Corporation.
Geography of the United States America
Geography: International Relations
- Columbia International Affairs Online CIAO is the world's largest full-text online resource for political science, diplomatic history, international law and business, policy formation, and country analysis. It is a full-text online database encompassing more than 400,000 pages of working papers, policy briefs, interviews, journal articles, and e-books in the field of international relations. Named one of the top 300 websites by the International Political Science Association.
- Columbia Earthscape is an integrated, interdisciplinary resource that connects the Earth and environmental sciences with their social, political, and economic dimensions. Features hands on multimedia tools and data sets, in addition to full-text materials of all types.
Has resources for geology, geography, conservation biology, ecology, environmental policy, and science education to facilitate greater integration of knowledge.
- The Columbia Gazetteer of the World OnlineThe Columbia Gazetteer of the World Online is a dynamic tool for understanding our changing world. The Columbia Gazetteer of the World provides users with access to authoritative information on more than 170,000 places and areas around the world.
- Map of Canada Political
- Map of Canada Outline
- Map of Canada Water Bodies
Geography Links to Sort and Add
- Climate Summaries http://climate.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/prods_servs/cdn_climate_summary_e.html
- Quake-Catcher Network is a collaborative initiative for developing the worlds largest, low-cost strong-motion seismic network by utilizing sensors in and attached to internet-connected computers. http://qcn.stanford.edu/
- Human Security at Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada http://geo.international.gc.ca/cip-pic/cip-pic/humansecurity-en.aspx
- Iroquoian Longhouse http://www.rom.on.ca/schools/longhouse/longhouse1.php
- Travelling Education Kits (EduKits)from the Royal Ontario Museum http://www.rom.on.ca/schools/edukits.php
- The Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research (INSTAAR) strives for excellence in research, education, and outreach related to Earth System Science and Global Change in high-latitude, alpine, and other environments. http://instaar.colorado.edu/
- Global Education Resources http://education.stateuniversity.com/
- Trends in Travel and tourism in Canada
- The Control Arms Campaign, run by Amnesty International, Oxfam and IANSA is calling for a global, legally binding agreement – an Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), to ease the suffering caused by irresponsible transfers of conventional weapons and munitions
- What is climate change? from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- The Global Classroom Resource Centre (GCRC) is a searchable database in which educators can find creative global education resources by theme, grade level, and province. (from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA))
- Diseases - black plague, Ebola, Malaria, obesity, post-traumatic stress disorder,repetitive motion injury, repetitive stress injury (RSI) West Nile virus and more.