David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,150,332 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
"Genius Hour is a precious time, loved by all my students. It is when they are allowed to develop their own inquiry question about whatever it is that they want to explore. They are then given about 3 one hour Genius Hour sessions and then they are usually ready to present their learning to the class." ...read more" - Gallit Zvi, June 6, 2012
"Genius hour is a movement that allows students to explore their own passions and encourages creativity in the classroom. It provides students a choice in what they learn during a set period of time during school. It’s not easy to determine where the idea was originally created, but there are at least two events that have impacted genius hour." - Chris Kesler, 2013.
Resources for Developing a Genius Hour
- Videos Explaining the Genius Hour Movement via Youtube.
- GeniusHour Wiki
- geniushour.com managed by Chris Kesler.
- Chris Kesler's Genius Hour Presentation EdCamp Waller
- Educator Blogs about Genius Hour compiled by Chris Kesler.
- What Genius Hour Is Teaching Me About My Class by Mrs BMW.
- Genius Hour: An Avenue to Better Teaching by Joy Kirr.
- Genius Hour Livebinder by Joy Kirr.
- Genius Hour: Follow Your Passion from schooltube.com
- Genius Hour Chat Monthly chats held on the 1st Wed of each month at 6 pm PST/9 pm EST. #Geniushour chat is moderated by @gallit_z & @mrsdkrebs.