Evaluation: Grade Book Software
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
Grade Book Software
The following Grade Book Software runs on a stand alone computer or in some cases a school network. Note: David Spencer has NOT tested any of these web based interfaces or computer based mark book programs. Use at your own risk.
- CSL Marks was created for the Macintosh computer (vs.6 to 8)in the 1990's. They now have an entire school administration system. Chancery Software was purchased by Pearson Education and is based in Burnaby,British Columbia, Canada.
- Easy Grade Pro "is a suite of software designed for educators at all grade levels and institutions who want powerful, but easy to use tools to manage their student grade, attendance and other information. (cost $48 US) This suite consists of software for desktop and handheld computers." They also publish a web based version. Easy Grade Pro and orbissoft.com is based in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- 1st Class Software "provide web server connection with its PC Windows based interface. The grade book software is called Teacher GradeBook. The software will track students, keep up with your grades and seating arrangements, and produce great reports as well. Teacher's can turn their computer in a webserver to keep students and parents up to date. It also has a powerful feature to mail those same reports out to the parents and students." 1st Class Software is based in Lakeshore, Ontario, Canada.
- MarkBook.com "is the most flexible, user-friendly class management software anywhere. Parents, students, administrators and teachers all agree that MarkBook improves student achievement and increases student success through enhanced communication." MarkBook.com is based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
- ReportWriter and MarkBook 5.5 "is a computer based markbook and enables teachers to progressively enter student achievement leaving only the task of writing reports when required. ReportWriter and Markbook has many features that will make the reporting process as simple and professional as possible."
Grade Book Online Services
- ActiveGrade is competency-based gradebooks where grades are organized around knowledge and proficiency. ActiveGrade can help you tailor your instruction to the strengths and weaknesses of individual students or for the whole class! Also called standards-based grading, this kind of grading strategy can help you improve as a teacher by organizing data clearly and usefully.
- Engrade.com is a free set of web-based tools for educators allowing them to manage their classes online while providing parents and students with 24/7 real-time online class information. It's private, secure, truly free, and unbelievably easy to use." Engrade.com is based in Carmichael, California, U.S.A. Canadian educators are encouraged to use the Canadian secure servers.
- GradeBookPortal.com is an education software development company based in the Baltimore Washington D.C. area. Our core developers have gone to great lengths to research the academic environment to build a product that can go with the needs of educators. By gathering the expertise of our software entrepreneurs, we are proud to present the public with the best free online gradebook application that is free to everyone. Our product oversight committee has over 100 years of education experience. Our web based gradebook is available to educators nationally and internationally.
- MyGradeBook.com is a web based interface that costs $49.95 US annually and helps educators grade assignments, print out reports, email parents, or do anything else with your gradebook, whether you're at home or at school - wherever you've got a computer and an Internet connection, in fact. MyGradeBook offers the same secure service, no matter where you are, and you have access to your data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except for 6 hours each Sunday from 3 AM EDT until 9 AM EDT while weekly maintenance is performed." MyGradeBook.com is based in Old Tappan, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Thinkwave Educator Our vision is to advance the way teachers manage classroom information, and to engage parents and students in the education process, by making it easy to share classroom information online. We strive to build the best software that simplifies everyday tasks, provides improved access to necessary information, and works with existing technologies. Teachers use award winning ThinkWave Educator gradebook software to easily collect and calculate daily results. Parents and students stay involved with Grades Online. ThinkWave Administrator makes it easy to manage attendance and grades schoolwide. Cost 49.95 US / year. Based in Sebastopol, California USA
- SnapGrades lets students and parents check their current grades and homework online anytime. Everyone has their own password, so grades are always private. Everything is updated live, so you never need to upload anything. Or you can turn off web access and email grades instead. SnapGrades is fully compliant with FERPA and COPPA. Cost $49.95 US per year.
- RVS GradeBook is a web based interface that costs $1500 minimum and "seamlessly integrates with the included RVS SchoolTools school management system, your student information management system. This web based application provides secure access to assignment and grading information anytime, from anywhere." RVS GradeBook is managed by River Valley Software in Ottawa, Illinois, U.S.A.
- StudentsAchieve - Grading "is a web-based, enterprise Gradebook and classroom management application used by teachers, schools and school divisions. Grading provides much more than the typical gradebook application. By providing tremendous flexibility and control over the structure of courses, teachers have the ability to organize and weight their assignments into a virtually unlimited number of folders and assignment types." StudentsAchieve Software is based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Checkmymark.com "is an online marks program designed for teachers, by teachers. Entirely web based, it allows access from any location with an internet connection and provides easy to read Adobe PDF reports." Checkmymark.com was created and is managed by Tom van Hunenstijn in Abbotsford,British Columbia, Canada.