David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
Debating skills can be learned and improved with practice. Debating is a structured way of exploring the range of views over an issue.
- Debating Teaching Ideas and Units - Teaching Strategies from the Department of Education, Tasmania, School Education Division.
- The Art of Debating from the Curriculum and Instruction Branch of Saskatchewan Education
- Debating Skills Syllabus from the Dublin City University in Dublin, Ireland.
They recommend developing the following skills:
* Presentation skills
* Voice modulation & body language
* Functions of agreeing and disagreeing
* Compensation Strategies
* Management of interaction (including listening and note-taking)
* Negotiation of meaning
* Summarizing skills
* Team work skills