Culminating Unit for Travel and Tourism:A Regional Geographic Perspective (CGG3O) with David
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
- 1 Unit 3: Culminating Unit
- 2 Student Responsibilities
- 3 Information About the United Kingdom
- 4 Accomodations
- 5 Events During Our Trip to the UK
- 6 Transportation For Our Trip to the UK
- 7 Communications
- 8 Maps, Roads and Routes in the United Kingdom
- 9 Attractions in the United Kingdom
- 10 Itinerary for Our Trip to the United Kingdom
- 11 Transportation Resources
- 12 Date and Time Zone Calculators
- 13 Accommodation Booking Services
Unit 3: Culminating Unit
Your Unit 3: Culminating Unit is worth 15% of your semester mark. Make sure that you attend class each Wednesday, participate in our group planning sessions, gather research, label maps and type up the information you need for your student responsibility.
Destination: United Kingdom
Task: For our class simulation and role playing assignment our goal is to research and write a "Trip Plan Booklet to the UK" for a vacation trip for four (4) people that includes Ray Lewis, Will Smith, Brad Pitt and Scarlet Johansson to travel from Toronto Pearson International Airport to the United Kingdom. Destinations include England (Britain), Scotland and Northern Ireland. We will prepare a tourism booklet and record our planning and marketing efforts using work logs, written notes, video recording, audio recording, surveys and interviews. Students will keep a personal CU Work Log as a journal to record their contributions to the trip planning and tourism booklet.
Information About the United Kingdom
- United Kingdom from the CIA World FactBook, Union Flag meaning
- England from LonelyPlanet.com
- Scotland from LonelyPlanet.com
- Northern Ireland from LonelyPlanet.com
During the planning process, the accommodation coordinator must include a variety of places to stay and sleep overnight (accommodations) while travelling in the United Kingdom. Accomodations should include most of the following:
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) see bedandbreakfasts.co.uk
- a friend or relative's place
- hostel See hostels.com
Events During Our Trip to the UK
- England Events prepared by Kim and Tung
Transportation For Our Trip to the UK
During the planning process, the transportation coordinator must include a variety of methods of transportation and experiences. Transpotation logistics should include most of the following:
- boat or ship
Maps, Roads and Routes in the United Kingdom
Map of the United Kingdomsource: http://www.map-of-uk.com/
- CIA - The World Factbook on the United Kingdom - American Government almanac offers maps, geography and statistics for the United Kingdom.
- Discover Northern Ireland - The official site of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
- Google Maps of the United Kingdom
- LonelyPlanetGuide.com England Guide
- Visit Britain - The official Tourist Office website for visiting Britain. Find the information you need to plan your trip to Britain.
- Visit Scotland - Accommodation, activities and events in Scotland.
- UK Map and Travel Guides from ukguide.org
Attractions in the United Kingdom
- Historic Royal Palaces - Five important historic sites in the United Kingdom: Tower of London, Hampton Court, Kensington Palace, Banqueting House and Kew Palace.
Itinerary for Our Trip to the United Kingdom
- Start in Toronto. Fly from Malton's Pearson International Airport. (IATA is YYZ) The flight is seven (7) hours. London's time zone is five (5) hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time)
- London, England- Land at London Gatwick Airport (IATA is LGW).
- Stonehenge, England
- Bath, England
- Stratford, England
- The Lake District, England -We need to find some farms, towns and hiking trails to visit.
- Hadrian's Wall, England
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- Inverness, Scotland- to see the Loch Ness Exhibit
- Paisley, Scotland - west of Glasgow to catch a train south to Strantaer
- Strantaer, Scotland- take the ferry across the North Channel to Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland-
- Belfast, Northern Ireland - take a flight to London, England
Date and Time Zone Calculators
- Use the Calendar calculator to find the exact dates of your trip
- Use the Time Zones calculator to find the time zone difference between Canada and the United Kingdom.