Computer Keyboarding Skills
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
Computer Keyboarding Skills
The following information, online activities and games might help to improve your computer keyboarding skills and typing skills.
- Keyboard Layout A colour coded key display for learning the keyboard using the US standard 101 keyboard also known as Qwerty keyboard.
QWERTY Computer Keyboard Layout
The QWERTY keyboard layout is the most used modern-day keyboard layout on English-language computer and typewriter keyboards. It takes its name from the first six characters seen in the far left of the keyboard's top row of letters. The QWERTY design is based on a layout designed by Christopher Latham Sholes in 1874 for the Sholes and Glidden typewriter and sold to Remington in the same year, when it first appeared in typewriters.
Finger Positions for a Computer Keyboard
Top View:Finger positions for home row.
Side View:Finger positions for home row.
Before you start typing rest fingers on their assigned home row keys.
A S D F J K L ;
| Left hand:
|| Right hand:|
Apple Platform Computer Keyboard
Windows Platform Computer Keyboard
Games for Computer Keyboarding Skills
- Barracuda Typing Game Help barracuda keep its river clean. Type words into the box as they appear floating down the river. Barracuda will knock them out. It is a loosing battle and river will grow darker as barracuda slowly looses. When barracuda starts gaining, the river will get bluer.
- Dance Mat Typing from the BBC
- Falling Words Typing Game Choose from words about trees, animals, words or numbers.
- Mouserobics Skills for manipulating the computer mouse.
- nimblefingers.com. 23 Jan 2010 <http://www.nimblefingers.com>.
- Standard Windows Keyboard Layout <http://www.oiepoie.nl/windows/windows-keyboard/>
- Wikipedia contributors. "Christopher Latham Sholes." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 20 Jan. 2010. Web. 23 Jan. 2010.
- Wikipedia contributors. "QWERTY." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 23 Jan. 2010. Web. 23 Jan. 2010.