Category:Significant People from Norval,Ontario,Canada
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch 10.5 years ago on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,868 pages and 11,682,604 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon
- A.J. Casson, Group of Seven, painted Norval in the 1920s and 30's
- John Watkins, born in Norval, a former Ambassador to Russia. The book and movie Agent of Influence were inspired by events in his life..
- Egbert Charles Reed, married to Marion Elizabeth Noble of Norval, a 19th and 20th century portrait painter.
- John Wycliffe Lowes Forster, born in Norval, portrait painter. Many of his works hang in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, Toronto, and Ottawa Parliament Buildings.
- David Marvin Carter, born in Norval,, received a 2005 Blue Planet award from the International Hydropower Association and UNESCO for his Sechelt Creek Hydroelectric Power development in Sechelt, B.C. and 2005 winner of the Ron A. Dodokin Award.(http://regionalpower.com/ManagedSites/Sechelt/BluePlanetPrize/tabid/651/Default.aspx)
- Shannon Crawford, Olympic Gold Medalist, rowed to victory as a member of the Women's Eight 1992 crew in Barcelona Spain. Now retired from the sport.
- Lucy Maud Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables, lived in Norval for a large part of her life.
- Terry Evans, born in Norval, Olympic Gold Medalist, Middle Weight Wrestling, British Empire Games,, London, England, 1934.
This category currently contains no pages or media.