David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, Davids Music Jam, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,878 pages and 14,603,137 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting.
- 1 Vinyl Records
- 2 News Articles on Vinyl Record Collecting
- 3 Care of Vinyl Records
- 4 Price Vinyl Records
- 5 Buy and Sell Vinyl Records Online
- 6 Stores that Sell Vinyl Records in Ontario, Canada
- 7 Vinyl Record Turntables and Styluses
- 8 Vinyl Record Turntable Cartridges
- 9 Computer Software to Turn Vinyl records to MP3s
- Workshop "Spinning Vinyl with a History Beat" for the Ontario History and Social Science Teachers' Association (OHASSTA)
- History of the Gramophone record
News Articles on Vinyl Record Collecting
"2015 has seen a 26-year high in the sale of vinyl records. The Recording Industry Association of America has posted sales of $9 million in vinyl albums in the first half of 2015 alone; the last time the numbers looked this good was in 1989, before CDs had completed their domination of the industry. In terms of revenue, sales have gone up by 52 per cent to a whopping $222 million." Source: Torontoist.com
- Vinyl 101 at the Toronto Reference Library
- Vinyl: digging in the crates at the Toronto Reference Library
- Vinyl 101: the Toronto Reference Library Unpacks the Vinyl Boom
- Vinyl records make an undeniable but complicated comeback
- Millennials push 2015 vinyl sales to 26-year high in US
- The Biggest Music Comeback of 2014: Vinyl Records from the Wall Street Journal
- On the job with a vinyl record presser He started up his own record label.
Care of Vinyl Records
- How to store your vinyl records.
Price Vinyl Records
- CompareVinyl.com has been aggregating new and used vinyl record prices since 2010.
- There is a serial number etched into the vinyl record that can help you determine the value or price.
- Find the value of your vinyl record.
- Estimating the value of your vinyl records.
Buy and Sell Vinyl Records Online
- How to Sell Vinyl Records
- Discogs.com is a user-built database of music. More than 259,000 people have contributed some piece of knowledge, to build up a catalog of more than 6,500,000 recordings and 4,100,000 artists. Includes discographies of all labels, all artists, all cross-referenced, and an international marketplace built off of that database.
- Retro Sound based in Acton Ontario offers a wide variety of vinyl records as well as pre-owned turntables and audio sound systems and speakers.
- MusicStack.com is one of the best web sites on the internet for tracking down hard to find and out-of-print vinyl records, LPs and CDs.
- CollectorsFrenzy.com was founded in 2008 as a vinyl record auction aggregator that maintains a historic record for how much a record has sold for in the past. Please note that many factors can affect the price such as which pressing it is, where it was pressed, condition, and current market demand, so use this guide as a general guideline.
Stores that Sell Vinyl Records in Ontario, Canada
- Spring and fall garage sales in your commmunity will turn up many vinyl records for sale.
- Many thrift stores sell used vinyl records. Prices range from $0.25 to $3.00. Explore Salvation Army Thrift Stores, Bibles for Missions, Habitat for Humanity Restore, Value Village Thrift Stores and more.
- The top 20 record stores in Toronto by neighbourhood.
- The Best Vinyl Record Stores in Toronto
- Electric Garage Sale, Orangeville, ON
- Ric's Recollections
Vinyl Record Turntables and Styluses
- Numark USB Turntables for converting vinyl records to digital MP3 files.
- Many thrift stores and swap shops sale turntables made in 1970's or 1980's.
- Electric Garage Sale, Orangeville, ON
- De Record, Toronto
- Thoaudiophile.com sells new high end turntables and sound systems.
Vinyl Record Turntable Cartridges
Computer Software to Turn Vinyl records to MP3s
- Breathe new life into dusty vinyl by digitizing your LPs (the right way).
- How to Transfer Your Vinyl to MP3 or CD.
- Switch Audio File Converter Software will convert and encode sound files on PC and Mac platforms.
- Golden Records Vinyl and Cassette to Mp3 or CD.