Travel and Tourism:A Regional Geographic Perspective (CGG3O) with David
David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
Course Name: Travel and Tourism: A Regional Geographic Perspective
Course Description: This course focuses on travel and tourism as the vehicle for studying selected world regions. Using a variety of geotechnologies and inquiry and communication methods, students will conduct and present case studies that develop their understanding of the unique characteristics of selected world regions; the environmental, cultural, economic, and political factors that influence travel and tourism; and the impact of the travel industry on communities and environments around the world.
Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum Grades 11 and 12: Canadian and World Studies outline for Travel and Tourism: A Regional Geographic Perspective (CGG3O).
Course Code: CGG3O
Textbook Used: Canada Travels: Issues and Destinations
- 1 Unit 1: Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- 2 Unit 2: The Significance of the Travel and Tourism Industry
- 3 Unit 3: Culminating Unit
- 4 Unit 4: The Sinister Side of Tourism
- 5 Unit 5: Ecotourism
- 6 Unit 6: Impact of Tourism on Culture in Urban and Rural Centres
- 7 Unit 7: Careers in the Travel and Tourism Industry
- 8 Unit 8: Tourism Planning and Marketing
- 9 Unit 9: The Caribbean and Cruise Ships and GIS Mapping Skills
- 10 Unit 10:Travelling Using Geotechnologies
- 11 Summative Assessment
Unit 1: Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- Introductions with your teacher and student peers.
- Log into your Google Drive cloud computing space and open the Connections and Expectations page. If you are using Microsoft Office 360, Microsoft OneDrive or another cloud computing service, please ask your teacher to send you a digital version of the Connections and Expectations page.
- Student Survey for Geographic Knowledge.
- Unit 1:Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- Maps of the World labelled.
Unit 2: The Significance of the Travel and Tourism Industry
Unit 3: Culminating Unit
- Evaluation: Map of the World Test
- Culminating Unit Select a topic relating to geography, travel and/or tourism.
- Complete a work log entry each time you work on your CU.
- CU Topics Selected by Students
The following are some exemplars (student examples) of CU projects.
- Cruise Ship Accidents a Prezi by Matthew.
- Destination Australia a Prezi by Surinder.
- Honeymoons in National Parks in USA a Prezi by Amrit.
- Ecotourism: Whale Watching a Prezi by Jamie.
- Tourism and the Bermuda Triangle a Prezi by Andre.
- ‘’’A Career in Tourism’’’ a Prezi by Ronniel.
Unit 4: The Sinister Side of Tourism
Unit 5: Ecotourism
Unit 6: Impact of Tourism on Culture in Urban and Rural Centres
Unit 7: Careers in the Travel and Tourism Industry
Unit 8: Tourism Planning and Marketing
- Unit 8:Tourism Planning and Marketing
- Unit 8: In class activity demonstrating how to construct a survey for tourism planning and marketing