David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
Numeracy Games are fun activities that help students improve their numeracy and mathematics skills.
- Woodlands Maths Zone from Woodlands Web This web site includes number skills, shape and space skills, data and probability, measure skills, maths investigations and math worksheets. Created by Mandy Barrow an ICT Consultant and former teacher from Woodlands Junior School (primary) in Hunt Road Tonbridge Kent TN10 4BB England. Their students are aged between 7 and 11 years.
Source: Barrow, Mandy. "Woodlands Maths Zone." Woodlands Web. 18 Mar 2008 <http://woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/index.html>.
Barrow, Mandy. "Woodlands Maths Zone." Woodlands Web. 18 Mar 2008 <http://woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/index.html>.