David Spencer's Education Paragon is a free educational resource portal helping David Spencer's secondary school students, their parents and teaching colleagues with understanding, designing, applying and delivering assessment, curriculum, educational resources, evaluation and literacy skills accurately and effectively. This wiki features educational resources for Indigenous Aboriginal education, field trips for educators, law and justice education, music education and outdoor, environmental and experiential education. Since our web site launch on September 27, 2006, online site statistics and web rankings indicate there are currently 1,888 pages and 20,185,651 page views using 7.85 Gig of bandwidth per month. Pages are written, edited, published and hosted by Brampton, Ontario, Canada based educator David Spencer. On social media, you may find David as @DavidSpencerEdu on Twitter, as DavidSpencerdotca on Linkedin.com and DavidSpencer on Prezi. Please send your accolades, feedback and resource suggestions to David Spencer. Share on social media with the hashtag #EducationParagon. Thank you for visiting. You may contact David Spencer here.
The following resources are helpful to parents and teachers:
- Book: Supporting Successful Transition from Primary to Secondary School by Tina Rae (2014)
- Book: Book: Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (2008)
- Book: Digital Tools for Teaching: 30 E-tools for Collaborating, Creating, and Publishing across the Curriculum by Steve Johnson (2013)
- DVD video: Canadian Popular Music in the '60's, '70's & '80's by EMI Music Canada (2012)
- DVD video: Canada: A People's History produced by Mark Starowicz (2001).
- Book: Fire in the Bones: Bill Mason and the Canadian Canoeing Tradition by James Raffan (1999)
- Crossword Labs is the simplest and fastest way to build, print, share and solve crossword puzzles online.
- Crossword Solver The crossword solver helps to find words with missing letters. Sometimes it is easy to get stuck on a crossword clue.
- Criss-Cross Puzzle is a puzzle generation tool for teachers, students and parents. Create and print customized word search, criss-cross, math puzzles, and more-using your own word lists.
- Canada Quiz from the Government of Canada.
- Where is That? Name countries and capital cities. From funbrain.com
- Order me Around Rank the size and location of physical features. From funbrain.com
- Scrambled City Names From funbrain.com
- Acrostic Poem Creator
- Word Games
- WordPlays.com offers a mixture of word games and word puzzle tools.
- The Problem Site, you can play educational games and daily puzzles, find interesting reference pages, and engage in fun problem solving activities. There are word games, math games, math problems, mystery quests, and many other free educational resources.
- The Piano Player From FunBrain.com
- Electricity and Electrical Devices Games from Ontario Power Authority.
- Spelling Bee game from Education and Communities, New South Wales, Australia
- Quizzes recommended by Pat Elliott is a Library Specialist in Ontario, Canada.