Davids Music Jam
David’s Music Jam is a friendly gathering of musicians and singers who meet to play and record songs. You are invited to join us for fellowship and to network with local musicians during our live music jam sessions. We are currently rehearsing and recording tracks for an album of folk, pop, reggae and rock cover tunes. David's Music Jam founder, producer and recording engineer is David Spencer.
The web shortcut to this page is jam.davidspencer.ca
Playlist for David's Music Jam on Saturday January 2, 2016
Our next David's Music Jam will be held on Saturday January 2, 2016 at 3 p.m. Future music jams will be announced through our David’s Music Jam Google Group. Sign up for free by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
The following musicians are hoping to attend:
- Peggy Jarvis
- Shelagh McIntyre
- Shelagh's friend
- George Nicholl
- Morley Shortill
- David Spencer
We are planning to play some of these songs:
- Carrying a Torch by Van Morrison. Lyrics. Audio.
- Heart of Gold by Neil Young. Lyrics.
- Home to You by Po Girls. Lyrics. Video.
- If I Only Had a Brain by Harold Arlen (music) and E.Y. Harburg (lyrics). Video
- I'm A Believer (by Neil Diamond)
- Love Potion #9 by the Clovers (1959) Lyrics.
- Malted Milk by Robert Johnson. Lyrics. Video.
- Put Your Hand in the Hand by Gene MacLellan. Lyrics.
- She Belongs to Me by Bob Dylan. Lyrics. Video.
- Tequila Sunrise - by the Eagles
Future David's Music Jam
Here are some songs we might play at a future music jam:
- "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" - Gerry and the Pacemakers
- "Downtown" by Tony Hatch. Performed by Petula Clark (1964) and Jann Arden (2007)
- "Father And Son" (by Cat Stevens)
- "Got Me a Woman" - Levon Helm
- "House of the Rising Sun" (by The Animals)
- "Lodi" by CCR - key of G
- "Maybe Baby" by Buddy Holly - key of A?
- "Never on a Sunday" ("Ta Paidia tou Peiraia") by Manos Hatzidakis (1960)
- "One Day I Walk" - Bruce Cockburn
- "Satellite of Love" by Lou Reed - key of G
- "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel
- "This Land is Your Land" - Woody Guthrie/The Travellers
- "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" by Ada R. Habershon with music by Charles H. Gabriel