If you have any questions about this assignment send a
message to Mr. Spencer via e-mail.
Final Summative Assessment
Your exam is 1 hour
long. It contains the following sections:
Part A: Multiple
Part B: Terms and Significance
Part C: Short Answer
Part D: Long Answer
In order to prepare and study for the Final Summative
Assessment, you should review the following:
Define each term and explain the significance to the study
of travel and tourism.
Central Standard Time
Classification of Travellers chart
components of the the tourist industry chart
coral reef importance
direct tourist spending
Eastern Standard Time
first class section
food products grown in the Caribbean
Great Barrier Reef
(green bibliography package)
Mountain Standard Time
Newfoundland Standard Time
Pacific Standard Time
Sir Sanford Flemming
Sydney Morning Herald
Sydney Opera House
tourist destinations for Canadians
West Nile Virus
Attractions, Issues and Problems
1. Travel and Tourism
4. Reducing child-sex tourism
7. child-sex tourism
8. crime against tourists
9. effects of war and terrorism on travel and tourism
10. Why should a traveller be cautious when travelling in
1. Passport Applications-
where do you pick one up? How do you apply? How much does it
cost? How do you acquire a guarantor?
2. Describe the components of a five paragraph essay used
for your Culminating Unit.
3. Describe the skills required to plan a honeymoon.
4. How could you gain experience for a career in travel and
5. Why are e-mail and Internet skills important in the
Travel and Tourism industry? Explain.
6. Why should students not plagiarize work from their peers
or from the Internet? Explain.
1. Describe what you learned
from doing the Culminating Unit. What is your Culminating
2. If you were a government official, which travel or
tourism issue would you focus time and money to help reduce
or solve this issue? How would you do this? Explain.
3. How will your "Honeymoon" project help you for the
4. How do governments use the media to their advantage?
5. As an employee of a large company, how would you reduce
your impact on the environment?
6. What is the greatest advantage in using regions to study
7. List seven (7) factors to help explain why world citizens
are spending more money on tourism?
9. Look through your answers to the "Discovering Your
Tourism IQ" . If you don't have the correct answers, check
the back of my classroom door at school.
10. Review the aboriginal history of of Australia
11. Why are there climate differences in the northern and
southern regions of Australia?
12. Describe the problems caused by seasonal jobs in the
13. Describe what is required in a resume and covering
14. Describe three different careers that relate to travel
15. Why is it important to learn how to label the countries
on a world map? Provide three reasons.
16. Why should backpackers who are traveling around the
world budget their money? Explain.
17. How has technology affected the tourism industry? (ABM
18. Where would you like to travel in the world? Explain how
you will plan and prepare for this trip.
19. How did the August 2003 blackout affect tourism?
20. Where would you find the history
of passports in
21. Why should a traveller be cautious when travelling in
22. List the six (6) characteristics of the travel and
23. What are direct payments?
24. How does Prime Minister Can Eat All Night help you?
25. How do threats of terrorism affect the travel
26. List things a tourist can do to avoid becoming a victim
27. Why is Tourism especially important in the developing
28. How does the tourism industry benefit from travel a