# 2 Topic:
Viewpoints and Perspectives
Unit # 2
Topic: Viewpoints and Perspectives
Mark _____/35 Thinking
a) In the world are the following evenly distributed; wealth, food, education,resource,technology? Why or why not? Explain.
3 (page 10) What is bias?
4. (page 10) List the three (3) level of confidences for sources of information.
5. (page 10) Copy out the questions and guidelines to detect bias (Figure 1-4).
6. (page 15) How do map projections misrepresent the surface of the earth? Explain.
7. (page 4) List the influences on your economic and social perspectives.
8. (page 6) Copy down the five categories of right wing and left wing views.
9. (page 6)
10. In your opinion, describe a topic priority issue that needs to be dealt with for each of the following categories.
a) a local issue
12. Log onto the web here. <http://education.davidspencer.ca/geography/issues/viewpoints>
a) Read and make brief jot notes to hand in about Decoding Political Cartoons.
b) Select one political cartoon from a web site listed below. Find a political cartoon that shows evidence of bias. Print out the cartoon. Write a summary explaining the context of the cartoon and describe why you think the cartoonist was biased on this topic.