# 8 Topic:
Fear- Terrorism, Genocide, Massacres, and
Unit # 8
Topic: Fear- Terrorism, Genocide, Massacres, and Disease
If you were absent the day we saw the video(s), you may book a time with David Spencer to view it during his tutorial period or at another time previously arranged. Hand in your point form notes for each video along with this Unit.
For the following
Community Fears: Class
Mind Maps and Discussion
2. In your notebook, copy the mind maps from your group and each of the other groups. Add significant points made during the group presentations and class discussion.
4. (page 368) What is state-sponsored terrorism? Provide an example.
5. (page 369) Summarize the three (3) motivations for terrorism.
6. (page 371) What role does the media play in terrorism?
7. (page 372) What are weapons of mass destruction?
8. (page 372) Summarize the chemical terrorist attack in Tokyo in 1995.
9. (page 372) Summarize the chemical terrorist attack involving anthrax in the U.S.A.
10. (page 372) Outline the concerns about smallpox and the former Soviet Union.
11. (page 372-273) Which terrorist groups have attempted to buy nuclear devices.
12. (page 373) Summarize how terrorists might use atomic bombs for terror.
13. (page 373) Summarize how terrorists might use a nuclear power plant for terror.
14. (page 373) Summarize the process of counterterrorism.
15. (page 374) Which countries make up the "axis of evil".
16. < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terrorism
18. If you were the American President, which objective in the War on Terrorism would you tackle first. Why? Explain.
21. < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda
22. Describe one of Al-Qaeda's objectives.
23. How many organizations have labelled Al-Qaeda a terrorist organization?
24. Describe Al-Qaeda's characteristic terror techniques.
26. How is CSIS guided?
27. Examine the priority of
CSIS in terms of terrorism. <http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/prrts/trrrsm/index-eng.asp>
Genocide and Massacres-
29. Briefly describe the Rwandan Genocide. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide>
30. Whos is Roméo Dallaire and what did he try to do in Rwanda? <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rom%C3%A9o_Dallaire>
32. In you opinion, describe three (3) things that should be done to reduce and prevent genocide and massacres around the world.
36. What was the response of the Chinese government officials when they first learned of the SARS outbreak?
38. In you opinion, describe three (3) things that should be done to reduce and prevent the spread of disease.